Monday, May 7, 2012

time keeps on drifting

I was not a complete slug this weekend. On both Saturday & Sunday I rasped Mojo's feet and curried him and Sunday I wormed all 3 minis so the older ones wouldn't re-infest Mojo right away even though he is the only one who looks like he might need worming. He has had a single dose of Safeguard, dose of Ivermectin and now a double dose of Safeguard. I might give him another double dose of Safeguard in 3 to 5 days to go for a partial "power purge" effect. No way I'm messing with double dosing for 5 days in a row though.

Saturday I tacked Sadie up in her new crupper. I guessed correct that light blue would match the color of my Zilco breast-collar that Sadie and Shade will have to share. It has snaps for all attachment points so that is easy enough and I only ever use a collar on Shade when riding serious hills but I want to prevent any more saddle turning incidents on Sadie. I may have to punch holes to make the crupper attachment a bit shorter yet but its close now. Then I longed Sadie in her new gear. She doesn't like that crupper giving her a wedgie but she didn't explode, would just do a couple of protest bucks and stop. After a few times I started asking her to keep moving when she bucked and when I got a complete circle with no buck I called it a day.

 Let the horses out to graze Saturday after working Sadie. Took a long break and then moved some manure from potty spots that were a bit deep to sandy spots - trying to ward of sand colic rather than improve the aesthetics of the paddocks. I feel like I am getting close to having a fairly sand free eating zone, I did not spend that much time doing this but it felt like it kicked my butt and I was pretty much couch potato the rest of the day.

 Sunday I had a nice ride on Shade, not real ambitious as far as conditioning for summer rides but she felt good. Moved a little more manure later in the afternoon. Tried to not concede any ground to the liberal mindset but not be indignant as detailed in last post. I should have worked on the paper review and some other things but I was completely mentally lazy.

No comments: