Saturday, May 19, 2012

So sleepy/tired

I woke up with a headache.   Couldn't decide if it was sinus or not so I took a sudafed as well as ibuprofen gelcaps before breakfast.  I'm so happy I found those gelcaps.   Ibuprofen is the best NSAID for me but I had developed sensitive tummy to the IB tablets so I just used Alleve instead until my sinus infection in jan/feb 2011 that sent me searching for more relief.    It was also raining so I took my time before heading out to feed the equines but the rain petered out while I was out there --after I gave hay inside for most of the crew of course. 

The drugs did kick in and knock out the headache so after a long coffee break I took advantage of the moistened hooved and did some rasping on mini Frosty's feet and a bit on Mojo's front feet.   The sun came out so I headed out and used the hose end sprayer to finish spraying the mini's area and then moved the hoses and sprayed along the fence line where the cultivator missed and there were lots of goatsheads and then in the middle to use up the spray.   I just used what was in the sprayer w/o trying to ask mom if she knew what was in it because she's been sick.   I hope I was not spraying grass killer instead of a herbicide that will kill the goatsheads but the worst that would happen is having to respray to kill anything; I wasn't working anywhere grass was growing.  

After a long beer and web browsing break I put my new soft neoprene crupper tail piece on in place of the molded betathane piece that rubbed Sadie's tail and put a back cinch on her saddle since I undid the 3-point rigging and then I long-lined her.   No rubbing when done and no protesting bucks,  I even got a little bit of dropping her head.   I'll probably do one maybe two more long-ling sessions before I mount up with all the extra gear.   I am a bit nervous to get on again after the saddle turning and then the ill-fitting or user-error crupper rubbing under her tail but probably my general preference to be riding  will overcome that with a little more zero drama groundwork.  

No comments: