Sunday, May 6, 2012

Let Breitbart's spirit guide me

The Rita Crundwell story -- the Illinois 15K 'town' comptroller that embezzled 53 million over 20 some years to fund a lavish horse habit (very fancy rigs as well as high $$ horse to go to AQHA world congress etc) made NPR as a humor piece on "Wait wait don't tell me" So I just HAD to see if I could find any hints of her political party. No donations on the FEC page, coverage would be more widespread and condemning if she had any ties to GOP but probably more muted than it is if she had clear ties to the Dems. I made a comment to the person who posted the story about 'yeah embezzling $3375 from every man woman and child in her town is really humorous' Person responded that it was a little humor to relieve the situation, didn't mean to offend and I said I was sorry to come off snarky and I could come up with some Jeff Foxworthy type jokes about it "You might be an IL public official if you embezzle 53 million to fund your horse habit" and "If your first reaction to the story was 'LOL, the horse world finally got a piece of the 'VIG' from public official corruption' you might live in IL" Forced myself to stop before adding "If you voted for 'Blago' to fight corruption in state government you might be a sheeple following the MFM" or something like that. On comes the public school employee saying they think the WI governor is corrupt but just hasn't been caught yet. Well I'll try to avoid just starting an aimless flame war but I had to reply that he would have to be a genius to hide corruption with all the millions the unions have spent looking.

No comments: