Sunday, May 27, 2012

Applying weed killer is easier than hand weeding -but

You lose some of that benefit when you spray the whole unused corral with the hose end mixer/sprayer and then realize it was not sucking up ANY of the weed killer concentrate.   Fooled myself with not holding it level and not paying much attention.    On the good side once I back flushed the spray applicator it did work.    

Yesterday I did a good batch of pruning.   Not an activity I enjoy but my parents can't hardly bring themselves to cut off any live branches and I don't care to have the thickets.   Especially with having Russian Olives, snipping off the suckers and excess low branches that keep coming off the main trunk is an absolute necessity to keep them looking like a tree.   We are so close to desert even I would rather have the ROs than full sun beating on the house but they need annual pruning to keep them from becoming a nasty mess.  

Sadly I have been short-changing my riding time to do all this landscape labor stuff.   I hope I get my riding muse back soon.   If I was in full on "I WANT to RIDE" mode I'd let the landscape stuff slide and the parents would get to it eventually --although it would be after the goatsheads were so thick that disking was the only alternative for most of the paddocks.

No comments: