Wednesday, May 16, 2012

New distractions needed

Ughh.  I just cannot make a complete break from the old horse board.  I'll get disgusted by some of the thread titles and 2 sentence intro's and back off but then I get bored or feel lonely and dive in back in.   But every time a new thread has me thinking "OMG what a flake,beeoytch, control freak......" I am just a little more annoyed with myself for having spent any time there. 

Farrier was out today.  I gave Grey his SMZs and Shade her Adequan while he was trimming RazzMo.  I determined that the CJ and Lady had no need of any attention and had D just show me what he would improve on with rasping Shade who also didn't have enough hoof to be trimmed.   The mini's should have been done, but I think he was tired and I can rasp them up some   I'll use that to get dad to do some tire swapping stuff for me.    I think I'm going to buy a hoof stand and a couple good rasps to have on hand so I can do minor hoof maintenance more easily.

  I never thought I would give up the convenience of having a farrier do trims and shoeing, but its so hard to find  a new great farrier when one leaves.  D is good but not great.  He just does not have the super good eye, feel, whatever to balance up the feet that R and L had.   But I hate to go through a searching process when he is good and does not do any long toe, no heel support or other messed up stuff.  

I need to expand, but I have been having interesting short email exchanges with a conservative from the farmers dating site.  It is so fun having the one on one exchanges with someone who 'gets it' wrt the political/media situation.

 I like the 'headquarters' but I can't type fast enough or commit time to get involved on non-weekend threads; so I need to scale back the lurking because I forget myself and spit out a comment sometimes, when I won't have time to read, let alone respond to any direct responses.    I know I've done that several times over the months so now most of the regulars just write me off as a rude post and run lurker.  Which I am too often, but then when I will be around and would really like to get some feedback I often don't get any and I resent that the trolls get tons of responses but I get none or just 1 or 2 depending on time of day.  Not that I want to get a bunch of angry retorts, but there are 'concern trolls' that suck people in to offering advise or explanations and have been pulling the same shit for days or in one case months on end.   If you can't be super witty I guess you get more attention being annoying or sounding clueless and in need of being set straight than being fairly normal but bland.


2 comments:

Gerrick said...

I read the HQ, but most people just ignore me. Not that I am contributing anything interesting. The problem is I read threads hours after they go up, I don't have the time to sit and comment all day like the regular suspects.

Teresa/ride4fun said...

Yes I have noticed most of the serious regular commenters are retired, sahms, or enjoying funemployment in the Obama economy.