Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I'm going to have to shuffle horses again

I think since Lady has become such a fence crawler I'll just put her next to AJ by herself. Then Razz CJ and Sadie can have the bigger paddock and Shade and Grey can have the little one. I kind of hate to run an extra water tank heater but I need to separate Grey Moun from RazzMo so he can get enough calories with his slower eating but he frets too much by himself and won't put on weight. Shade doesn't seem to get too fat eating extra concentrates with him and I can increase her riding hours if she does. If Lady was not such a fence crawler I'd be tempted to put pushy Razz by himself instead but since Lady isn't staying where I put her she can be the one to go solo. I can put her in with Grey and Shade at some point if I decide being in a pen is not working for her but until she'll stay in the paddock I put her in she is the logical one to move. Sadie is easy keeper, fast eater enough to be in with the big stock horse geldings.

Today I rode RazzMo so Shade and Grey could eat their concentrate w/o interference. I used Sadie's new saddle on him. Seemed to fit fine, I am liking it and I'll try it on Shade when I get the smaller cinch. I don't think the saddle is bothering Sadie any but I have decided that I'll hold off on riding her until I have the horse chiro out to rule out problems. I WANT to use my new saddle to work through things if it is a training/ I'm going to see if being resistant will get me out of working situation because it feels so nice and secure, I don't like the OF because it raises the rider off the horses back quite a bit and while it is a deep seat, its still an english saddle.

5 comments:

Gerrick said...

I don't suppose you could put a feed bag on Grey Moun? That way the others can not even get at his food.

Teresa/ride4fun said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teresa/ride4fun said...

Well I don't have a feedbag and don't think it would work well for the soaked feed I'm giving Grey so I am not inclined to buy one to try. I could tie all the horses up when they eat their pellets but that is extra daily monkey work and I'm trying to find a solution that works for my lazy nature. I think the big thing for Grey is to remove RazzMo the fast eater.

Moving Lady is a separate laziness of not wanting to have to do semi-serious fencing right now. None of the other horses are going through the loose dividing fence line and it feels easier to know where each horse will be when I go out to feed.

Teresa/ride4fun said...

LOL, I deleted my comment to edit it so now it looks like I had spam or a troll.

Gerrick said...

How about spamming trolls?

Which pretty much sums up most trollish comments, its just non-advertising spam.