Saturday, November 19, 2011

I'm grateful today that I have less attachment to an old BB. Someone was posting about how she is temporarily working for a church and getting so many people in risk of losing homes etc and the county and state agencies don't/cant help until people are homeless drug addicts etc. and its so sad. I don't need to bother burning bridges by posting there; but they are reaping what they sowed by voting in marxists, first with a HOR D majority that would make Pelosi a speaker and then electing Barry himself to POTUS. I sure aint giving anymore to United Way, Inner City Health or other charities that I feel like worked to encourage election of Barry. My donations are limited to charities that help soldiers and veterans and just a bit to Salvation Army and LWR. Any liberal cheerleader charities that worked for Barry and Obamacare? They can scrape by on donations from the stingy leftists or go under.

My new saddle does seem to fit Sadie pretty well and I don't think it was slipping forward today. I think I will send the fenders back and ask them to adjust the fenders. I have to take some pics and make sure I describe what I what done properly, first I have to decide just what I want done, but I think I can have the fenders sewn in a different spot and probably also cut down a bit.

My pickup needs a new alternator but it did hang in and get me down I-70 before failing harder and we live next door to a good diesel mechanic who is very honest and wont hardly charge enough for his labor. Now I know that if my batteries get drained I need to charge them up before starting and running the pickup. Neighbor mechanic wants to see if the transmission temp sensor is just getting confused by bad voltage, says if the transmission runs hot the smell is unmistakable.

I remembered to call and make hotel reservations for my friends wedding the weekend after thanksgiving. I am grateful that she uses FB, posts some on BBs etc so I should be able to keep in touch with her via internet. She has (had now) been a driver that worked from 6pm to 3am-ish; it was convenient for calling her once a week or so on my way home from work when I wanted to talk instead of listening to radio. After work is about the only time I think about calling someone, and her time-zone is an hour ahead so I don't foresee having phone conversations now. I am happy for her, she is the sweetest person and seems to have found a real soul-mate in her fiance.

Lady crawled through the pasture fence today when I pulled Sadie out to ride with a different saddle but I am grateful she figures she can stay in otherwise and she ties well so I was able to just take my ride. Plus dad has been meaning to redo the fence and we just never got to it yet, I don't think it will freeze hard here, not enough to be a problem for the tractor post hole attachment anyway so I guess we will install some new fence some weekend before the new year and run another strand or 2 of wire on the dividing fence where my electric rope is all loose. I think we'll do this rather than get electric working to make the fence hot.

No comments: