Monday, October 3, 2011

Perhaps sudafed shortage is a college town thing?

I used to buy my generic sudafed at Target and pick up a few groceries for office lunches at the same time. Well starting this summer they are always out of both their store brand and the brand name sudafed. At first I thought this was a systemic shortage but the local town Walgreens has had it in stock the two times I've dropped in there. I'm going to have to give up on Target and get myself in the habit of swinging by that Walgreens 2-3 times a month instead or maybe also --the Walgreens has a teeny grocery selection with high prices. Target has decent prices on the heat and eat stuff I bought there, but not sure its worth it to me to go in just for that, especially with the restricted fridge space in the new office I may need to just get in the habit of taking a few things from home once or twice a week and then I could just really stock up once a month at Walmart or something. Blech, I hate having to change a routine that had been working well for me. Oh well, unlike the AGW folks I do understand that change happens continuously and we cannot stop it.

But it does have me curious, is popping sudafed(tm) the latest kick for aimless young punks? Or maybe Target has decided not to carry it anymore for some corporate reason. There is no Target in my local town, and its not very handy to stop at other places in the PRofB so I couldn't say if its a store thing or town thing. Perhaps I'll ask online if anyone has noticed a similar deal, I am not curious enough to spend a lot of time finding different Target stores in other towns or running around the smug yuppie college town that delights in restricting access to and egress from most shopping parking lots.

1 comment:

Gerrick said...

I don't shop at target so I have no idea. Now that I think about it, I am not sure target is even in my area anymore.

You can stop change, but the side effect is death, so your mileage may vary.