Wednesday, October 12, 2011

No riding this week

I rode Grey Moun on sunday. Weather was threatening to get windy and it was cool and I was too lazy to ride greenie Sadie or sometimes complete goofball Shade. It actually got more sunny and was nice but I enjoyed riding my old guy. He rounds better in Shades Little S hackamore bit than he ever did in the sidepull. I had always thought any curb chain action would make work against a horse rounding; I only switched him to the hack after I took him on a fun ride one ride weekend in 2009 where I was riding a 50 on Shade the first day to make sure he was sound before going hunting with him and he pulled like a freight train almost the whole way he was in such a hurry to get back to her. I've had so many misconceptions with various horse mechanical things, if I had them all written up it would be a good book "WHAT NOT TO DO to improve your riding" Oh well.

My work is having a retreat thursday and friday. I hope I am not going "AAGH! stupid liberal thinking" like I was last year. I have some revenge though. They always have group entertainment which is mainly the folks that play a musical instrument and/or sing performing. There are some very talented folks in the group that also get that its supposed to be entertaining "the masses" NOT impressing an insider by almost mastering some technical piece that is melancholy or otherwise not fun to listen to even if done absolutely perfectly, but always one or two bits that are not nice to inflict on an almost captive audience. This year they pushed for new participants, can be comedy or "anything" So I put together a slideshow of pics from various riding trips. I set it to Ramblin Man, by the Allman brothers (sp?) so at least there is semi-decent music while they are subjected to my *vacation slides* but its still basically *vacation slides* MWAHAHA.

The new Mac laptop I got for work has share buttons that suggest it may even be possible to put it in a format that will show up on you-tube or FB so I may put it out with a link for friends and family, but they can just hit pause if they find it boring. I was annoyed with the limitations of the macs again though. Some of the pics were getting chopped in the slides and there was no easy way to just resize them in iphoto . Overall the MACs are great for me as I am a very bad and lazy sys admin for the home cpu's but I can understand why folks who like to do more custom stuff prefer to get a PC.

No comments: