Friday, October 14, 2011

good retreat overall.

I'm actually feeling more enthused about the work than I have been in ages. My slideshow was disappointing to me. The sound system distorted the music I had added to it. But I got a lot of good comments. There were about 5 other non music bits. Our program director did a demonstration on tai chi marshall arts, the new software guy demo'd the traditional taiwanese costume his wife sewed last halloween, our administrator showed slides of the landscaping (plantings) that she did on her house, and a few slides of some drawings done by one of my direct bosses, and one of the PHD students did a jump roping demo --the rope was too limp or long or something and kept tangling but you could tell she really knew some fancy steps. It was really fun having different stuff rather than just music and with a lot more volunteers the music part was shortened. Heh, sounds like I'm a music hater. I like music, but I don't have a great ear and can't appreciate technical stuff that is not easy listening, and I do get my fill fairly quickly even of well done easy listening stuff.

The working stuff was pretty good too. I am enthused to pursue some things myself. Our program is trying to hire a new chief scientist (offer has been made but he needs some outside pieces to fall in place before he will accept) He was at the retreat and I really hope he accepts, he is very energetic as well as very skilled in the field. I think he will add positive energy to the whole group.

AND one sour note: --on the good side the NOAA program guy admitted that *THIS* administration put in 9 appointees to NOAA vs the std 3 and is "determined to show he can cut spending just as much as other admins" (rolling eyes here, given the huge spending increases under Barry's watch, Barry just doesn't want to risk objective science interfering with his agenda IMO) but its progress over this guys thinking last year. But at lunch today I heard our administrator spouting off on things --making excuses for him and blaming the new tea party congressfolks for "not understanding how things work" OH PLEASE, the demotards passed one pork filled budget after they rolled in in Nov 2008 and now they keep doing Continuing Resolutions thinking they won't have to own the waste if its not a new budget.

All I could think was "USEFUL IDIOT" This gal has totally bought into AGW as well. THe thing is she, and the other folks spouting off at that table think they are intelligent and sophisticated, they totally don't understand that they are just being used to repeat propaganda to advance the personal fortunes of Al Gore, and whatever G Soros' agenda is .

No comments: