Friday, October 7, 2011

I think I'll take Sadie on the hunting trip

That way I can focus on getting some good exposure for the youngster. Otherwise I will tend to fret about the fact that there is not much hunting going on and consider it just a time sink. I'm such a four eyes, just horrid at spotting wildlife just for fun while riding and I am really bad with binoculars so its doubtful I'll even have to worry about my low marksmanship --I'd want a pretty close shot. I wish I actually enjoyed shooting, I feel like I should develop the skill a bit but there is very little fun factor in it for me. But with taking Sadie she can get some miles and lots of practice just standing tied and waiting around, it should really benefit her training and that should allow me to relax and just let dad do his thing. However I am thinking of asking brother if he might want to go with dad next year. I'll buy a plane ticket from Calif if he is willing. Ed actually has good eyes and natural hand/eye coordination and could probably be ready to take a medium or even longish range shot with just a little practice getting the feel of the gun again.

No comments: