Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Riding update

Saturday I rode Sadie. Started to go down the ditch by ourselves with Ole tagging along but someone was target shooting about 1/2 mile down the route I would take. Ole is scared of guns and was not wanting to come. Sadie was just wanting to eat; I do not know what her reaction to guns up closer would be yet. So I turned around, collected the dog and rode Sadie a bit in the arena. Too funny --she did not want to go in the part of the arena where the mud puddle was. Eventually got her to step in the area and stand for a bit. Funny little Ayrab.

Sunday I trailered to the trailhead where the endurance ride will have basecamp on the 18th. Rode about 14-15 miles. I was on call (took the shift on friday) because the snot (actually sort of my boss) did not bother to pay attention that he was due to be on call when he was going to be gone on vacation covering 2 weekends and arrange to swap duties beforehand. Normally I just ride from home when I'm on call and would have got my fat butt in gear and trailered out on the weekend of the 4th-5th but since I did not know I would be on call .......

Had a decent training ride, I think Shade will be fine for the 30. Got a speed boost from someone who was riding 25-30 miles to prep for doing the 50 when she passed me. I stuck with her for a while; then met someone who was able to loan me a tool to adjust my easy boot to fit. THAT saved me from a big DOH, I have 3 boots of this type and rode Shade in 2 of them over memorial weekend. I did not check size when I grabbed 2 of the 3 boots for my day trip and come to find out one was adjusted smaller and would not go on. NOTE to self: Make sure that I get a leatherman tool in my camelback before leaving for the AERC ride on friday.

Monday I rode RazzMo with L and Lady. Lady was kind of a brat but L was able to cope. Razz was a good boy, he was tired after the 5 miles but not overly so.

Tuesday I did a slow ride on Shade. I think she is ok, but she felt a little bit uneven.

2 comments:

Gerrick said...

Hope you have a good ride.

I am stuck doing labweek until Friday.

Teresa/ride4fun said...

Thanks. Sure glad we are only doing the LD. Aside from lack of training I'm sitting around waiting to go help pick hay up out of the field. The hay grower had an equipment breakdown. Better finish up my packing while I'm waiting.