Saturday, June 18, 2011

Another notch in Shades belt

She completed the 30 mile LD at Mtn Mettle today. We were 10th place. We did not ride very fast. Start time 8, finish p/r time 1:52. But hey only 9 horses of 30 starters finished any faster. Its a fairly tough course but some years they have had a larger # of LD riders that are more serious and would finish faster. When Shade is fit enough that I might toy with trying to be competitive in LD we ride a slowish 50 instead. I needed this close to home ride but camping the night before to shake out all the bugs for camping. I should make a list so I don't forget to correct a biggish one. No pressure for water but I think I may just need to close a valve. When I filled it I only closed the one that had water coming out. At least one of the other 2 is probably an air valve that needs to be shut for it to pressurize and work. I know it is a mini-pressure tank set up where the pump runs and builds up pressure and then water flows w/o the pump running right away.

Also need to get full propane tanks. I was low on propane and the fridge used up the remnants while we out on trail. Luckily all I had in there was beer and water and some ice inserts things for the horse which I didn't bother with. And need to find my holding tank chemical packets, and should replace my outside light bulb.

No comments: