Wednesday, June 29, 2011

DOH -- Rushed to work w/o my purse today....

OR my backup wallet with the work ID/keycard and some cash. I even realized it 3 miles from home but decided I should not go back because I wanted to get there quicker. Walk into my office and realize DOH, I cannot go to my physical therapy appointment with no co-pay, kaiser card or id. (could get by w/o the kaiser card.) I really did not have time to drive 30 miles home and back by this time so I had to call and cancel my PT appt until July 11th. Well at least I am guaranteed not to get told I should not ride horse.

Um no, that is not working to cheer myself up. I really did want to go and find out if I should avoid specific arm positions and get started strengthening my rotator cuff before I get a real injury to it. I briefly flirted with the idea of calling Kaiser about coming in w/o the ID and borrowing the co-pay from a coworker but typically most of my coworkers write checks or pull out their CCs when we go out to (usually planned) lunch events (I don't know if this is related to the liberalism or something else) so I did not think my odds of being able to borrow $20 were very good even if Kaiser would have waived the photo ID at checkin so I just said that something had come up and I had to cancel when I called about the appointment.

Ugh, I hope I much better at remembering stuff when I finish packing and at the ride this weekend. I also hope my new work computer arrives soon. I feel like I picked up some malware or something -- my desktop got nasty slow a couple weeks ago. But they wanted to spend money anyway and asked me about upgrading my 5-6 year old cpu 4-6 weeks ago (spend as much as you requested this year or you're funds will be cut for next year too --stupid gubmint rules) so I don't feel like "oh noes I broke it and made the gubmint spend extra money"

2 comments:

Gerrick said...

So how did you get into work without the ID?

Teresa/ride4fun said...

We aren't that secure at work, only need the work ID as a key card for entry before or after normal hours.