Thursday, August 19, 2010

weevils update

I swear I am like a liberal economist looking for good signs, LOL. There are a few spots, not much square footage at all, where I do think it looks like something is taking out goatheads. I do not see weevils crawling around, not sure if I should and I find myself wondering if the little black ants, wasps, rain or something else may have killed a # of them before they could get going breeding. I will try to cover the ground in one of the small pens in the mini's area where I think they are doing something and will probably try to order some to arrive the FIRST thursday in july next year even if the results stay as spotty/thin as they are now before I decide the weevils just wont work for our situation but I am not pinning a lot of hope on them to free me from pulling goatheads next year at this point in time.

No comments: