Monday, August 9, 2010

Shade is such a trooper

We officially did another 50 mile ride saturday. With navigation errors on my part it was actually 55 miles covered. Shade was a little tight in her hindquarters at the vet checks and Tom said she had an little hitch in her gait at the finish but still a completion. I had thought I might ride both days at this ride but then I got lazy when summer heat + monsoon moisture hit here and I didn't train like I was going to ride 2 fairly tough 50's in 2 days.

Note to self: look at your toes and if your feet are crazy far forward straighten yourself up. Also if your thighs are getting extra tired or sore check position. Ride pics show my feet were way far forward, and looks like I was a bit over to the right. I was aware that the side to side seemed to be out of whack during the ride but I didn't realize I was behind my feet. I seem to have more problems with the feet when the terrain is gradually up and down.

ADDENDUM: I must not forget to give Shade her E-Se supplement next ride. She is getting a few white hairs on her spine, so I must remember to cut a channel in the wool pad I'm using over the skito. I should find some dog collars with different buckles. The dollar store ones are too hard to snug up tight, + don't fit through my little rings on my saddle. Oh and at Happy Jack there are spots on the trail that will tell me to get off and lead down the hill, but I need to stop zoning out walking some to give both Shade and me a break on rides that don't have terrain that reminds me. Need to air up my exercise ball and see if it seems like it will be useful for working on my lopsidedness. If not or probably should anyway call for an appt at KP to get a PT referral.

No comments: