Tuesday, June 1, 2010

ouch: My pickup just got 15% more expensive

Ouch, not horrible ouch but still ouch. Oh and the service guy was too funny. " Your fuel pump was low in pressure and the low pressure damaged all 8 injectors. Its 36 46 to replace pump and injectors." Me "3000 600 46?" I knew it had to be because there is no way it could be only $36.46. Ah well, at least I have funds in the bank to cover it. I did not ask if I caused more damage limping home on friday after the pickup started stalling I don't want to know right now. If there is a next time that I feel any stuttering, which the truck has done intermittantly since at least the hunting trip - and I had been dismissing as having a shimmy with any uneven road surface, I will take it in and have the fuel pump checked out right away. I am a bit relieved that they did not announce "the fuel was crap at some point and that killed the pump or injectors"

Oh I did not make my endurance ride; I topped off the fuel tank in Lochbouie, pulled onto the interstate and did not have power to accelerate to highway speeds, then the pickup died; I was not even much on the shoulder so I tried to start it again and it did start and I ran on the shoulder, than the exit ramp then decided to limp home rather than have to wait for a tow vehicle that could deal with the BAT. So I rode for a grand total of 22 miles spread over 3 days this weekend rather than driving to sompleace scenic and entering a 50 at a formal ride. I will probably paste that in from my laptop when I finally get home internet restored on thursday. I really depend too much on the internet, but survived the weekend, got some fencing projects done, hauled some manure for mom's garden, we sent dad off to enjoy a charity motorcycle ride on saturday and sunday. He had fun but slept 1/2 the day monday.

No comments: