Thursday, June 10, 2010

5 miles today

so with 3 miles yesterday and 1 possibly 2 miles tuesday from farting around in the paddock + 19 mountain miles on sunday -- I have still barely hit 30 miles on the week. I guess I should ride again tomorrow. It sure seemed easier to get in training miles back when I was semi-serious about the sport with Grey Moun. I probably rode very flat training miles and have been better this year at getting Shade to some hills so that helps a bit. Shade looks good, the rest of the horses (other than AJ) are getting a bit fat but they don't look like 7's yet on the bcs scale (1-9) 1 is starving, 9 is grossly obese. Shade is probably a 5.

I tied Sadie and left her while I did my loop on Shade this morning. It is good mental training for her but I will have to work in tying practice when I am dinking around the yard. I was too nervous being gone. It would take the decibel level of a medium caliber gunfight for the parents to become aware of anything and they were not even up when I left. Lazy bum's sleeping in past 9:30 every stinking day. I really should explore trying to find a living situation where I would be pulled along to keep up with someone with some ambition. But can't be too snarky, dad has been trying to replace the motor for big fan the ducts into the attic. Tuesday it wouldn't go, last night it was spinning backwards. I hope the fan blades and shaft are in true enough alignment that it wont strain the new motor. We have been limping it along for years, unsticking the blades with a broom handle before turning on the fan and it would run for around 30 minutes depending on how hot it was and then quit.

No comments: