Monday, August 31, 2009

I should be excited ...

I just bought a shiny new pickup (well its a 2003 with 108,xxx miles) but its new to me and is in lovely condition. And anyone who reads this will have to wait till I take possession wednesday for a picture of the dark blue crew cab F350 pickup. I grabbed my camera this morning but forgot to take pics when I wrote the check at the dealer. I'll never be a photo journalist.

Plus I'm pretty sure that Shade is just one ride away from her 1000 miles at AERC. I am so blessed to own my little steel magolia. The latest toughness was competing after getting bee stung right near her left eye. She looked like someone punched her poor thing. -btw a cold beer is pretty good for cooling, I started with the cooling gel wraps I use on her legs in the roll and then used the beer can for a while after she'd decided the cool felt pretty good and was not tossing her head --I didn't want to give her a real knock on the eye.

I think I'm still in that state of shock one has after writing that size of check. I don't really feel like I have a dread of what if this thing sucks at towing or is a constant visitor to the mechanics, the Ford superduty has a pretty good reputation and I had it inspected, but I just feel tired. I should be recovered from my endurance ride. I slept pretty good saturday after riding and it was only a 2.5 hour drive home and I mostly vegged out yesterday. But I just feel tired. I have to go get the paperwork and play with the insurance SOON.

My saddle that I put on ebay sold. I had put a bid on it because Shade got back sore saturday. I think I can fix that, the ride photos (and from the last 2 rides also) show my feet way out in front --or my butt way behind my stirrups so I expect I was bumping around on the back of the saddle a bit -damm I'm unhappy with myself for not figuring that out UNTIL Shade's back was tender to the touch, but at least she seemed pretty much all better by this morning so I'm not beating myself up too much.

I ordered a seat cover and will put some extra foam in front of the cantle so I cant slide back as much. I am also thinking of asking someone to make me a stirrup hanger with velcro hooks on the bottom so I could put some velcro loops on the top of my saddle and have adjustable stirrups. I sure hope that is all it takes to fix things. I bid on my own saddle yesterday, figured I'd donate to the rescue I was donating proceeds to myself rather than give the saddle away super cheap when I'm suddenly worried about the new saddle working for the endurance rides. But I still have my OF, I'm leery of it because Grey used to get sore from it but Shade wore it and never had any problems before so I can at least rotate it with the Barefoot so she isn't stuck with either long panels or me bouncing for the whole day.

No comments: