Wednesday, August 19, 2009

If I wanted HS dramatics I could have gone into teaching

Well I could drop some drama llama carp if I dropped some of the web forums, seems like when I think I have found an okay balance by avoiding some subtopics and posters something comes up and I'm groaning yet again. I guess its just my substitute for soap operas to keep going there at all LOL.

Then at WORK apart from the computer outage that could not be helped and all the extra activity from that I heard from a university contact that the other processing group wasn't getting our data. Perhaps he was asking them for product but it came across to me like they were unwilling to deal directly with me to solve the problem. Sheesh its not like they get charged for my time! Then monday I get email from our sys admin, he had checked something on their website that verified they were not getting our data and was wondering how we could solve it. *I* have still NOT heard boo from processing center B. But I decided somebody had to cut to the chase so I checked the relevant logs, they were connecting fine but their data request used a specific feedtype --and I believed that our older software didn't work with it so I emailed the people at processing center B telling them "a little bird told me you are not getting data" and suggesting they use "ANY" instead of the specific feedtype. And cc'd my group at work. At least I did get a note from their person equivalent to me today that the fix worked.

No comments: