Wednesday, August 26, 2009

is it bad that

Is it bad that I could hardly care less that Ted Kennedy died yesterday? I don't want to read about his career or his checkered history, I don't want to speculate on whether Massachusetts will overturn the special election law they passed just 4 years ago so the now democrat governor can appoint a warm body D vote more quickly, I just don't care. He was old, he died, its too soon to have any idea how this will affect things in Washington.

Horse related: I should try to get up really early and take a quick systems check ride on Shade tomorrow morning. Unless inspection shows something bad on the truck I test drove this morning I'll be dickering with the dealer for a good while and we are supposed to have a long boring work meeting.

I should clean out my desk, since I'll be busy tomorrow. No I'm not laid off or fired (at least not yet) The group is doing an office shuffle for reasons I don't fully know. Some new personnel but other folks changing offices for unknown reasons. But I decided it would seem too lazy and unsocial to turn down an offer for a south side office (I may not need a desk sweater anymore or at least not until the sun sets) next to core people in my group. The desk movers are coming on Friday and I'll be out for my ride adventure. I'm getting some butterflies with possible truck purchase, horses needing wound care still and not a lot of training but I really like this ride and I feel due for some fun after all the snafu stuff. (just hope I'm not still under any jinx)

No comments: