Sunday, August 23, 2009

Was gunshy of trailering anywhere so rode at home today

It was too hot yesterday and I thought I'd try to get started in the morning but failed. But the heavens smiled on me. After starting out letting Ole come but insisting Mia stay inside. It was too hot for Ole too, I noticed he was not following, went to the irrigation ditch in case he just had not made the corner. No Ole so I headed home hoping he wasn't pestering on Tate, He was in the place between Tate and road 35, must have been a rabbit in a dense patch of bushes. Went home, gave Shade a little hay and went in for a drink and to grab my camelback that I had not grabbed earlier. In this time we got some cloud cover and a bit of nice breeze. Had a nice 10 mile ride then. Its so nice when I can just make a loop and not have to wait or double back for the pokey dog. With the 2.5 miles aborted bit with Ole along that is not too bad, Shade felt strong so I hope we complete in good shape saturday.

Shade wore the reactor panel saddle today. Thursday I made her model the OF but I have decided I will sell the R/P instead. I want the buyer to be happy and I think thats more likely with the R/P. If the batteries would have cooperated I could have taken pics but I had 2 sets of batteries that apparently wont take a charge anymore. Waiting for two others to charge. Trying to decide if I'll just put the saddle on ebay. I should email endurance list first and offer to take it to the Happy Jack ride saturday. I WILL borrow the parents pickup (unless I get a replacement truck bought first) to go to that ride, I've been looking forward to it. Will skip the ride in Nebraska over labor day weekend, and just go to the colorado springs ride two weeks after HJ.

I rode Razz a little bit yesterday in my OF. I think I got it working good for me which is another factor in keeping it and selling the R/P. I will sell my cloud nine stirrups though. I have had it with those clunky things bonking me on the head when I'm saddling and on the shins when I'm carrying the saddle.

No comments: