Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I'm glad most of my tuesdays aren't like yesterday



Having some fun typing today. I have vet wrap around my right hand. Darned dogs. Sigh *I* used to find routes to ride that never took me past any problem places where dogs ran out and harassed and followed me. I don't know why the whiny neighbor couldn't do that. Sure wish she had controlled her big dog better last night when I met her. And honestly stewpid Chi's just shouldn't be taken out in public. Although Ole does not get a pass. Her big dog made an agressive move towards Mia whom I had hopped of of Shade and grabbed her leash to make sure she didn't start any ruckus. I guess Ole thought the dog was making an agressive move towards me because Ole took out after the dammed dog. Neighbor cant be any help with her hands full of TWO stewpid chi's --I am not a little dog person sue me if you are, they can be ok but really its a 10 lb dog, don't tell me it cant get sufficient exercise at home and they don't tend to play well with other people or critters. I was having trouble getting Ole to quit and was scared he might actually hurt her big dog so at one point I tried to grab Ole's ear --and got my hand bit by her stupid big dog for being so foolish. I was also upset because I hadn't worried about Ole, he is Mr friendly puss, just wants to play --except he must have felt I needed protecting. He did something like that once before.

Good thing I had riding gloves on! I still got skin broke in a couple spots and some bruising right under my ring finger. Oh the kicker --this neighbor is berating me all this time because Mia has been slipping out of our fence sometimes when she goes by and harrassing her and her dogs. Did she ever leave a note to let us know? Oh hell no. Did it occur to her to just change routes? oh hell hell NO. But goes off on me -for AGES -while I break up the fight while she stands there holding the stewpid chi's and then when I finally get Ole away from her dog and am dragging 2 dogs home, where Shade had run to when the dog fight started. I so wished I could just say the hell with everything and just leave for WY right then.

But alas, no, I feel obligated to continue renting and helping while mom is so sick and it makes me soooo mad, she will not go outside the western medical box to try and get better, or better quicker or just able to function better until they can kick the infection -sometimes I get negative and wonder is she likes being sick in some subconscious weird way. And I would never want to just leave work hanging although last night I was about ready to. Well the sys admin was working on the problem remotely on his day off and the rich group was not refusing to share their unused resources --course sys admin stated flat out he was using them in an email. But I still felt like no one else cared much that we were down and researchers were out in the cold until we got going again.

But today is much better -- our sys admin rocks. The fsck he started and restarted remotely on his day off finished up and the missing raid was able to be remounted. Instead of having to edit many scripts to put or fetch data from a new place + recreate entire campaign directories to allow processing to resume the hourly processing came back on its own before I even got to work and I was able to get the missed daily files replaced and start that processing job with minimal effort.

No comments: