Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Not going to Wyoming this weekend

I worked and worked and have a solution for front boots that held well with lots of canter testing on sunday. But the easy brand boots are way too wide for Shade's narrower hind feet. I looked at some Bosana boots I had, designed to go over shoes and they were more narrow inside I thought so I worked and worked filling around a raised teeny horseshoe area they had --I suppose for stability using with shoes but it would have been a bad pressure concentration. Wasn't ready to test till yesterday and they WONT work, blech. So rather than go to the ride and pick our way around the LD course one day while I worry about picking up a stone bruise or getting a deepish hoof split, or trying to get emergency shoeing appointment I am going to just stay home and ride places with easier footing.

No comments: