Thursday, July 10, 2008

quick training note

Rode Shade 8 miles on wednesday. V long-lined Lady today and then I popped on her and walked her around the small arena a bit. I asked her to step up close the mounting block and stop and then used it to dismount and we called it a day. Hopefully have a 17 yr old coming to try her tomorrow. Also had a call this morning from someone in Col. springs area expressing interest.

I don't have as good a vibe from 2nd one. Doesn't sound like as much horse experience and I think would not have mentors. But I'm not writing them off at this point. Since they are south I guess I have to suck it up and drive Lady to the fun show in Kiowa on sunday that would be a good place for them to try her and exposure to some other word of mouth to get her a home. Ugh, I hate toll roads, driving more than 1 hour, and showing. But since the toll is way the best route and I don't want to own this mare for life I have to suck it up and do it.

No comments: