Monday, July 21, 2008

Here's your sign

Saturday before the grass fire excitement I was killing time on the computer while cooling off before cleaning the 3rd pen that needed attention and when I tried to go to the chat board where I spend too much time I kept getting re-directed to the pro-boards home page instead. And their status page showed the server for that board was fine. That gave me quite a bump, After I finished up cleaning I was able to get to the site but I had been logged off when I should have been logged in until sunday evening, and no one had posted about weird board behavior. So I did a six hour default login and after the fire I was typing it out to decompress and when I sent it I had hit the login time-out, except that I thought I was under 5 hours not over 6.

So I put my post on another, low traffic board that night to get my decompression and blogged it the next day; referred to it only in response to someone else's storm post later on sunday. ONE person followed my link and commented. I know that many people only read the opening of a thread and then throw in their .02 cents and all that but its just like a confirmation that 'This is your sign from the universe that its time to pull back from this board and put your time and energies somewhere else.'

But I'm kind of in mourning, I really wanted and wanted to believe it was true that there were real friendships there, and not just "you can hang on the fringes as long as you stroke enough egos here" But that friendship only exists from 1 or 2 people that are still active on that board. *** Waaaahhh** I'm being so whiny. But I needed the catharsis of writing this out.

No comments: