Tuesday, July 15, 2008

hooboy could be a long week

I had to swing by the party selling the trailer -- I hadn't signed my check on sunday. Dad had a meeting this morning but will pick up the trailer this afternoon *I hope*. I reinforced the temporary fence in Shade & Sadie's pen. Its so dry they haven't been getting any shock and have been eying the really crappy moldy hay I threw in there with thought of maybe seeding some grass if we get any monsoon rains. Of course since I put 'food' that is really nasty and I'd cringe if they got into it they've been leaning on the fence. So I added a strand of twisted horse wire between my hot rope strands and connected the horse wire to my ground off the charger. Didn't get it tested. Sweaty and thirsty when I finished but it wasn't that late. So I grabbed Lady for a quick spin, thinking I better not totally ignore her before the teens get on a schedule to work with her 2-3 times a week, farrier is scheduled to come on saturday --not sure Lady needs trimming yet but does have hoof where she could be. Decided to do spa treatment so her feet wont be like cement and test how well easy boots work for her at same time. The right boot did not stay on real well. Ditch still just had puddle in it, no irrigating so I walked her in there. Lost a boot in the mud near the edge. Tied her up and waded in barefooted to find it. Gosh I don't think I have waded since we were at the pacific ocean in WA, for a family reunion -in 98 or 99. Was kind of fun but ate extra time. I was going to grab the spinach mom wants me to use up, got it in a bag but not in my car. I forgot to grab bags when I ran into Safeway so ended up with 4 more plastic bags. And this is all before I even got to work. Other people are fixing cpu's that were down etc. I seem to be twiddling my thumbs. Need to buckle down and think instead of feeling like I need to crawl back into bed before I mess up something serious. Ah well. A day in my life.

No comments: