Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Now you be good Lady

I decided I would dink with Shade tomorrow before or while the leasors are here to ride Lady. I grabbed Lady and rode her just a short ways but with LOTS of mounting practice. She was being quite good even when I clumsily mounted from the off side by the end of the ride. I hope that sticks for a while now. and I will explain to Natalie about backing Lady until she is stopping and then MAKING her back another several steps when she has declined to stand still for mounting. Mom and dad are going to drive their pickup to Jay Em with stand jacks borrowed from Stanley, they are SUCH good neighbors and railroad ties (also from Mason's they just took out an old fence that had paired RR ties at the corners and replaced it with pretty white vinyl rail fencing.

So I will still be leaving my camper at Jay Em on the way home from my ride in SD, but wont be avoiding an extra pickup trip altogether. Oh well, its only diesel/money, and it sure makes my life simpler, which is good as I am not achieving much packing and prepping. And I'll be without my camper so I'll have serious incentive to get a hitch put in my pickup and get my new trailer ready to live in during the 2 weeks before the Happy Jack ride. Sometimes I need to not have a cushy safety mat to fall on to get myself going.

No comments: