Thursday, July 31, 2008

I think Lady has figured out she belongs to the girls

Wednesday I was thinking maybe I should catch her and take a quick out and back ride to see if she needed another tune-up on standing to be mounted and she walked off. On reflection, she's always done that but I decided I should do more cleanup on her pen instead. Mom mentioned this morning that the girls had been out to ride and they hosed and scraped Lady off afterwards and then Lady rolled when she got back in her pen. Thats pretty standard and I have found that they don't grind in dirt doing that so I just call it sand toweling and bug protection. It means she was good enough they could get on and ride her and then stood and let them hose her off which is something she has been learning. I'm sure the hot weather has helped as well as N's very slow and gentle approach with her.

I do think Lady has figured out she has new people and these nice girls are not just going to visit a few times. I sure hope things work and they take her permanently; it feels like a pretty good fit so far. I was kind of worrying over my weekend trip that Lady had blown it on monday, July 21 but I think it was just the heat and transport logistics that made them not come out again until that weekend, and then no one at our place seemed to know they had been out; which they don't have to ask for permission, I just didn't know if they were comfortable yet to just grab her and ride her, luckily they were and are.

No comments: