Monday, July 21, 2008

trailing log fill-in.

Hmm, freudian slip typing trailing instead of training? .....

Oh woohoo, I got 33 miles within a week. (saturdays 17.5 miles. then 7.5 on monday and 7.5 on thursday.) Sure was easier to get a good training week 11-12 years ago. Not sure what all is different now. I wonder if mainly I can't seem to keep myself from taking on other daily things at home and back then about all I did was ride and go to work. Plus wasting time on the internet. Sunday I woke up pretty early and separated my east horses back into 2 pens and fed everything than crawled back to bed. We got 24 bales of hay from a hunting buddy of dad's that grows it to get a property tax break. Visited with them a few hours, unloaded the hay when we got home and hung in the ac house. Mom and dad took naps but I was not so wise. I took a sunset/moonrise ride. We will call it good mental conditioning. Way too slow for any physical conditioning effects.

Today the leasors came to ride Lady. She was a brat to stand for mounting for N, and was stirred up about an umbrella the neighbor had tried to set up to have some shade for some fencing he was doing. N worked through it, but I sure hope Lady remembers what a good deal it is for her to have these girls and behaves better. I suppose I should give her a mounting lesson tomorrow. I WANT to enjoy a leg stretch ride on Shade and get to work early to catch up a bit.

No comments: