Sunday, May 18, 2008

OK I am WHINING

I went and bought 500 cc's of penicillin today because Shade and Sadie had white snot this morning and CJ was hacking yesterday and the other 3 east side horses have had clear snot. V offered me a spare tub of tucoprim she had so I would not have to wait until I can get to the vet to get more to start dosing.

Then I nabbed dad to help hold horses and twitches and gave S, S and CJ penicillin, CJ was easy, no twitching needed. I'll try him in the ham tomorrow. He should be ok to get 5 doses of penicillin with little trouble. Shade got a shot in both hams because when I moved the needle I wasn't going to get it in the same side again. I'll give her a shoulder shot tomorrow and then hopefully ham(s) tuesday (last day dad will be around to help) Mom will have to help me after that and I'll do shoulders or even pec if I have too (even though my vet is against using pec) I REALLY want my healthy Shade horse back, I miss riding her so much, but at least the timing is good with dinking with Lady trying to get her ready for a forever family.

Sadie will probably only get 2 shots and then back to tucoprim cuz she thought the shots were pretty awful although she didn't try to hurt me but I don't think I can use her hams and I don't want her to be sore and be getting more pokes and I don't think she has enough pec to be safe. Razz, Grey and Cindy just got tucoprim, they are pita's for any kind of shots and I don't think they are as sick. I'll have to buy quite a bit more $$ tucoprim but its preferable to sick horses all summer. And the plan may change when my vet calls me tomorrow.

I'm just so bummed that this respiratory crap is dragging on, wishing I had hit the panic button on thursday and called my vet right away to get some input, plus already just dreading having to drag a whining mom out of her sick bed (its about a 300 days of the year state lately FROWN) to help me give shots on days 4 and 5.

No comments: