Monday, May 12, 2008

I think Lady will be fine


She's lonesome, spends quite a lot of time looking longingly at Shade and Sadies pen; but she's still eating. I put her hay feeder in the big pen which doesn't view Shade's but the mini's get fed across an alley so she can see them. I gave her a little grain today with some minerals. She didn't pay attention when I dumped it and was lonesome so I haltered her and led her out and then put her in the alley so she could have a bit of fresh grass for the vitamins. Then I cleaned her pen real quickly. While I was mixing grain/supps/antibiotics for the other horses I hear the mini's get excited and glance out the door to see a grey mare in the yard.

So I already know that just having a line of empty barrels is not going to hold her anywhere, LOL. She wandered over and said hi to CJ, then wandered back rather than let me walk right up to snap a lead on her halter. But I turned her with a casual wave away from going back towards CJ and Shades's pens towards the big hay shed and Dukes pen. She eyeballed things and turned and let me walk right up and catch her. I put her in her temporary pen thru the panel with the walk-thru gate rather than go around to the front and she led right thru, no snorting about having to cross the bottom bar or anything.

So I am feeling good that she is ready to be using horse and I shouldn't have great difficulties finding her a home so long as I get after it with advertising and networking. An internet friend in eastern Oregon wants her next horse to be 6 S's (short, smooth, sane, safe, ? ? ) I'll have to look it up. If it wasn't such a long ways and fuel so high I would be working on her - Lady is short, and seems quite sane. She does some kind of gait --I don't have the eye to say what she is doing other than it is not a trot. I think she'll be safe too. Oh well we'll have to see what happens; I bought Lady because I figured if she is a safe ride there are probably plenty of potential homes here near metro Denver; and there is probably a horse close to M that will need a home and meet her criteria when she is ready for one.

No comments: