Saturday, May 17, 2008

Lady be good

She was (smile)
I was lazy today, but I led Lady around to hand graze some, played around rubbing her with the lead end like a brush, then putting it around her legs to see if she has good potential to be kid proof. She was excellent about that.

and then I decided I would saddle her and graze her some more. Yes you read me right -- I often encourage a horse to eat a bit under saddle and I figured it would be excellent for unwinding Lady a bit.

I had to move the saddle back a bit after riding her a few minutes. Walked her around the large farmyard a few minutes and then into the back back yard where theres good grass but not much room to go. She was on a mission at first but realized there was nowhere to get to and settled down to walking and even enjoying the grass after a few minutes. We spent several minutes grazing and walking then I came back into the farmyard area and nabbed Valerie to take a couple pics of me on her and put her away. I like this one. Lady is still not eager to stand still but she's doing well. My helmet is brushing the Russian Olive branches and making some noise and she didn't spook or anything.

No comments: