Thursday, May 22, 2008

again: I love this mare

Shade came to me hating needles and vets and she is being so good to let me give her penicillin injections. Its like she wants to get healthy quickly as much as I want her to. What a trooper. I need to shuffle horses tomorrow. My tentative plan is to put Razz with Sadie. The 2 snot noses can be sick together. Razz has weeks before he needs to be healthy and so does Sadie. --I'm not pulling them off the tucoprim treatment, just don't want them passing extra germs to the horses that seem to be recovering more quickly.

Then I will probably put Grey and Cindy together in the small pen for now. Then I can open the gate so CJ and Shade can graze and get extra vitamins etc.

Grey or CIndy or even Grey AND Cindy might go with Razz and Sadie, depends on if I see snot. Or maybe I can split the water tanks somehow to reduce contamination between those 2 and Shade if I'm on the bubble. This is probably liking wrapping a minor scrape on a horses leg or smearing snake oil on it --it makes the human feel better that they are DOING SOMETHING about the boo-boo or illness.

No comments: