Friday, May 9, 2008

gnawing my nails ....

not literally, I pick hangnails but I don't chew my fingernails. But I'm having a hard time not obsessing with worry that Shade is not going to get over her bug in just a week or 2. She's still got a snotty nose. I'm trying to cling to logic, if its like a people bug its going to take a week and this is only the 4th day I've been treating but, well I so hoped to make this the summer we got more serious with endurance and racked up 100's of miles and actually do a pioneer ride (3 or more days in a row) Well, there is a lot of riding season left. I couldn't decide if I wanted to drive clear to Utah for a fun sounding ride or to Otto WY for a ride that would be no-frills and not real scenic for a late May ride so I'm not mourning the fact that neither is going to happen, just worrying whether my June 21 ride in 6 weeks and then the 3-day ride 2 weeks after have any chance.

Oh well if I have to ride only 1 or 2 days of the Shamrock or 'catch ride' for someone else that is not the end of the world, just as long as Shade does recover and we can keep having fun on the trails like we have been. I do have some slim worries that she might have lasting respiratory damage but Dr Mike, didn't have concerns on that & he does give worse case scenarios. Just need to breath. Inhale, exhale, repeat. Take care of loose ends at work and stop obsessing.