Wednesday, May 21, 2008

captain she's overloaded.

I knew I was nearly losing it. Walked to my dental appt today and they said 'what are you doing here?' My appointment is next week. I 'think' I dragged their reminder postcard to the office to write it on my calendar a few weeks ago. I couldn't find the card searching last week and saw on the 2007 calendar "dentist, 3:30 May 21" So I thought I must have written my appt on the wrong calendar and then tossed the postcard. Nope, that was last years appt on the 2007 calendar. At least I did not miss my appointment. Its next week.

But I may have to buy an extra $$ small tub of tucoprim from my vet. The tub only lasts 3 days and when I first put in my order to get the big pail I went for std shipping (I hadn't counted very well). I called them today and asked to upgrade to 2nd day air but my shipping info they emailed says ground. Darn it, I'm going to end up with tons of extra tucoprim and be out all this extra $$ and special trips. SIGH, nearly a sob.

My treated horses seem pretty good but I don't want to skip a day in their dosing and had even thought I should give Shade a week of tucoprim starting friday after her 5th peniciilin dose on thursday. I can't do that now. Maybe I'll try to give her 1 or 2 more days of penicillin but I'm running out of spots to give shots. Mom is too wimpy to be much help with the horses that could use a serious shoulder twitch or to hold a nose twitch while a horse moves around like Shade did when I did her hams sunday when I had dad helping --so I haven't been getting shots in the hams much --but she has been getting up and helping me all week and I couldn't give shots to Shade at all without a helper, its just so stressful having all these things that I'm not getting quite right and therefor losing all chance at efficiency etc.

No comments: