Sunday, January 6, 2008

weekend recap

Shade was a spazzy goofball when I rode saturday afternoon. I gave her some hay but she didn't want to get her feet wet in where water had puddled in the dip by the trailer, she walked through wet snowy puddles like a champ (she tends to hate getting her feet wet) but took off running when Ole was catching up like a wolf was chasing us, twice and was looking for another excuse to take off running. I scraped the old hay off the pallets, fired up the tractor and hauled 8 bales of hay over next to Shade and RazzMo's paddock, then I cleaned a few tractor scoop loads in their paddock and on my way out I got a scoop of sand and dumped part of it by the dip near the trailer and the rest in a dip where mom usually ties to tack up her horses. When I went to put Sadie and the greys away I tried to take just Sadie first & Grey Moun and Cindy crashed the gate on me and went tearing over to CJ's pen. Arabs don't mellow like a fine wine with age, they get more of vinegar tartness.

Today the weather was WEIRD. It was overcast when I fed hay, then sleeting when I grained, then 30 minutes after I finished up the sun came out so I put Sadie and greys out in their little pasture for their 2nd round of hay and got some corral poles wired on most of the driveway side of the paddock where I don't have electric wire. I'm happy to have that more secure but I need to finish it off better. Man I can't wait for my portable shed so I can just leave them out there. I'm paying mom's boarder to keep their smaller paddock clean and she is not keeping up, plus I feel bad on days I don't get them into the bigger area to stretch their legs. I cleaned some on their current pen on one of my days off in Dec and she did not reflect that in her cleaning bill. I knew I should have made a big deal out of it but I don't see how she could have failed to notice it. I scooped some on AJ's pen today. Mom's cleaner is not making it out very often. Perhaps mom's boarder can switch to cleaing one of her pens when I get my crew moved if she wants to maintain some of the income she's had from me.

No comments: