Wednesday, January 23, 2008

almost over the hump

Wednesday being hump day. I feel like a cold is trying to get started. Guess I'll take the hot stuff tonight, already started some zinc lozenges. Robyn trimmed my horses feet. She is so efficient she was done by quarter to nine, but I got so chilled even though I had bundled up pretty good that I took over an hour warming up before I got out and finished the final morning chores. Sadie got mash today (wet beet pulp with her ration balancer pellets and some aloe juice in there) She slurped it up well. I took spoiled Mia to the 3/4 mile approach and she ran/trotted back home. On'ry Ole didn't come home. When I left for work he came running from the neighbors and I called mom on the cell ph to call him to the house after I closed the farmyard gate with him inside. One side benefit of fencing the paddock for Sadie is it seems to keep the dogs in. I guess my bottom wire was at least hot for a while and got them trained. Heh heh heh. My throat felt off most of the day from hollering trying to call Ole earlier and I finally decided there is a virus trying to take hold too and not just yelling in cold air.

No comments: