Sunday, January 27, 2008

I feel so virtuous and Sadie story.

Yesterday I took the tractor into the pen adjacent to Sadie and Cindy's to do some cleaning and Sadie acted like she was going to come over the gate. I have no idea why she thought she needed to get in the same pen as the tractor, crazy kid, she saw my guys polishing off the hay crumbs from the loader as I hauled some hay over on my way but there was still stray hay in her pen. Anyhow I think she has her sire's curious, bold personality.

My own horses are still kind of neglected so not virtuous there - I cleaned around the feeders where they had some manure building up and got the big shed (Shade, Grey and RazzMos) cleaned up. Didn't get to Cindy and Sadie's pen but it is not too bad yet. Thankfully we are sand hill and its been even extra dry so the manure just drys up and doesn't turn into a soupy thrush inviting mess. After I did quick cleaning on my pen I took the tractor out so mom and dad could haul manure. Dad did a bunch of tractor maintainence first. I borrowed V's cart and tackled AJ's and Dukes pens and hauled my 2nd rubber mat I wasn't using in Sadies pen over next to V's pen. I still have to decide whether to put it in there or not. When mom was finally ready to go and I needed to move Shade, Razz and Grey, I put Razz and Grey in with Cindy and Sadie and tied Shade to my trailer with a bit of hay and then I took a leisurely ride and gave her a bit more hay when I got back.

Today I got AJ's pen clean except a couple frozen patties. Dukes pen still needs some work but I got about 1/2 of it. I haven't even decided just how to charge mom. I guess I've covered 2 months on AJ's and 1 month on Duke for now. Now she needs to get somebody to keep at least one of those pens clean and I can probably get the other one and some on CJ's for a month or so until I really want to be riding more. Then I put 2 strands of twisted wire on the back of the big pen. I want to put 2 more strands there which I'll probably just use my electric poly rope since its so much easier to work with and get it electrified with electric on the long north stretch to back up the existing barb wire fince so I could put Sadie in that pen but I could lock the old horses out of the pasture now. I left the gate open but I will shut them out next time it snows if not before.

No comments: