Sunday, December 25, 2011

Some times its great to be wrong

After mom lightened the paint and it was not leaving white streaks between dark/bright blue it turned out pretty decent. I have not been so rude as to repeat the painting advise she gave me with my bedroom -after I had finished with the painting --about taking the wall color a tiny bit onto the ceiling rather than leaving any white edge at top. Textured ceiling makes it hard to get paint right up into the corner and neither of us is the type to take an artists brush and spend extra hours to get paint up in there.

I put up the tree last night and stuffed dads present in a gift bag this morning. --Funny, as a kid I loved the idea of wrapping presents. We had some play sessions where we played christmas by wrapping our toys with newspaper to 'give' to each other. Now I like to limit wrapping as much as possible. Not being good at getting a really tidy package and never having a clean work surface and having to contend with a soft bed or maybe carpet took the fun out of it after a few years. Anyhow mom made it easy by wanting cash for laser treatments for her jaw/face. Dad bought a big TV from the neighbors that they were no longer using so I don't have to decide on buying a TV for the house as a gift to myself. We probably won't unwrap anything until sis comes down mid Jan for stock show or possibly will do one gift each if one of the parents wants to unwrap something on Xmas day.

Sent my sister something called "hot jugz" which is a special heavy duty and neoprene covered version of a 2 gal. garden sprayer with a shower hose and head attached. She does a solar shower in the back of her trailer and I had wanted to get some kind of the portable propane heated hot showers but they all seem to require a flow of water to regulate temp and not get too hot and that wouldn't be so easy to set up when she just has the trailer corner tank and maybe a few 5 gal jugs of water usually. I've wrestled with tying up the solar shower bags a few times and I thought this portability might be nice, can either use water heated in a solar bag or heat a couple saucepans on the stove for a quick shower if it was too cold or cloudy for the solar shower. If she likes it I might get one just for hunting, normally I don't do freezing nights camping and I have hot water heater and shower in my trailer, just have to plan ahead enough to heat up the water (I don't like leaving that flame on when I'm gone riding so I don't) I got her SO the DVD of 'sons of anarchy' 3rd season and pre-ordered 4th season. Also gave my sis a new shut-off valve hose attachment and also another 10 ft hose JIC --hose was no more money than the attachment although I don't think she needs to replace her one.

Sent my bro and his family a check. Last year I actually sent them a list with some low cost options and bought some modest stuff from their list and sent to them after splitting the oil royalties and they sent me a lovely card. Well I had not done actual shopping for them the previous couple of years, but I figured with giving them a list they would get the hint that I was going to go to the extra trouble and was thinking it would be OK to swap actual items. Oh well, gave me a good reason to skip shopping stress for them this year (and even with Amazon it is some stress)

I want to get a good comfortable office chair in the office upstairs and a comfy very short loveseat or armless chair in my bedroom. This will probably be my present to myself although I might see if sis wants to hit thrift stores/low cost furniture stores with me if she didn't find stuff from my list when she comes down during the stock show. In the meantime I am pecking away to go through the assorted clutter, tossing the junk and organizing the stuff to keep into decent storage places to make some room for a couple new furniture items and just make the upstairs spaces more inviting in general.

No comments: