Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I have an office :)

I boxed up a bunch of old computer equipment. Since we were shuffled into a temporary office for 9 months and are moving back into remodeled space in June I can just dump all the keyboards, mice, speakers etc into the electronic stuff to recycle pile then. Bwaahaahaa, actually they love being green so much they'd probably at least unofficially be in favor of this. Still I won't take in the monitor or cpu tower which would normally have tags on them here and probably have to have a form filled out before they are destroyed. So I have to decide on just tossing those vs hassle of taking somewhere and probably being charged a disposal fee. Since they have so over-hyped AGW/CC etc I am inclined to just toss the stuff in the dumpster. I also threw away tons of old catalogs, bank statements from WF whom I dropped as a bank 3-4 years ago etc and put together some magazine holders and organized my old Endurance News that I am not ready to toss yet. (I'm still a pack rat at heart) Feels so good to have the surfaces clear and so on. I think I might try to get a love-seat for this room instead of searching for a specialty armless chair or trying to shoe-horn a love-seat into my bedroom. I like the idea of keeping the computer stuff out of my sleeping area if I can.

I have moved on to the project room and made a big dent there too. Tossing lots of things, still keeping some things I should no doubt toss, but have gotten most of my keep stuff organized into small boxes and put in my bedroom closets which had been cleared for putting in hardwood flooring and I had never sorted stuff out and moved it back. Still lots of de-cluttering left to do, but sticking to one room until it looks nice IS helping a lot with not burning out (this is std advise in how to organize and de-clutter columns but I've never been good at sticking to it in the past) Still need to move some of my stuff out of this room and get mom's stuff packed up and tidied away but the room is reappearing.

No comments: