Thursday, December 22, 2011

pre-school blue for a living room?

Mom started her painting project and she is painting the living room a dark shade of royal blue AFAICT it is somewhat hard to tell how dark it will be because its so streaky at this point. It is not too bad in the morning light but last night when I got home and it was just interior lights YIKES. She better knock off any talk of selling and moving after choosing such weird paint colors.

But anything to push me out of the nest is probably good. She is doing a great job of negating all qualms I had about whether its fair to yank my rental income and horse care labor away from them in their senior years.

Oh, the paint color was called twilight blue. So there, it is not at all what a kid would pick to paint a bedroom but an honest grown up color. Well after choosing a pretty dark grey for my bedroom as a teen I tend to err on the side of choose light shades of neutral colors but I cannot get on board with 2 good sized walls that color. Today she is experimenting with lightening the blue. Which will keep the room from being overly dark I guess and would probably cover much easier but its still blue and I cannot get beyond "blue is ok for a small room like a bathroom or bedroom, but it aint right for a large area" but no matter, it is not my house and I do not have any moral, let alone legal obligation to keep renting space there.

No comments: