Tuesday, August 23, 2011

WHEE

Sadie did a 180 spook or rider testing move today when I was riding her, I took her on around in a 360 and thought "I'll just have her do some extra so she doesn't think this is such a good idea" LOL, she was getting wound up and spinning faster and I lost a stirrup and we stopped. Maybe she'd like to try a little reining when she has mastered elementary school.

The good thing is Sadie is more likely to just go sideways when she is moving faster than a walk. I had to get a saddle with some swells for riding Shade because she does a bouncy stop that pitches me forward, especially if I was leaning a bit to start and then she does a 180 and I go right over the disappearing shoulder. The swells help with catching me before I'm pitched so far forward

No comments: