Sunday, August 21, 2011

Back from Happy Jack Ride



I had to scan in this ride pic from Karl creations. Shade loffs the wide open spaces with endurance riding but she still enjoys showing off for the camera.

Well next year I should have a good excuse for not riding two 50's on 2 day rides -- I'll hopefully be doing LD's on Sadie. She will be eligible for 50's (over 60 months) but if she doesn't get racy early I'll probably not do any 50's until the year she turns 6. Then if Shade is still able to go 50 miles I'll have to do more personal conditioning and be more mentally tough. I do find that if I'm thinking I definitely want to ride a 2nd day or all 3 days going in I am more mentally tough. This is the 2nd ride this year where I went in thinking "I'll ride again on sunday if saturday goes well" saturday turns out to be a long day of riding and I go "meh, I'm done".

On the pollyanna side Shade lost a shoe on saturday, that is a bad thing; but I didn't have to weigh "should I ride her a full 50 miles with one shoe and one hoofboot and hope that works out fine" since I was tired and didn't really want to ride again on sunday and then try to cram in getting ready for the trail riding trip along with working a full week.

No comments: