Friday, February 26, 2010

Rode this morning -WOOT

The things I pick up around the internet, LOL, I have never said woot. But it was a nice little ride this morning, just a little dog stress. Dad volunteered to get feed today so I was able to relax a bit afterwards instead of hustling to get the errand done and get to work.

And I must pat myself on the back for finding the typo in the password protected archived file to fetch some data. I do NOT understand why M does not put the password into a file to make sure she doesn't get typos when she archives. The archive perl script makes you type a password twice but I know I can repeat a typo 2 or 3 times. Oh well I cant enjoy any snark because dummy me has had a long habit of always using the backup io machine to push data for post processing. Only the backup io machine does not collect data from one of the big download centers. Surprisingly this has not bitten me until the last few days of my oct and my nov post processing. BUT I did not catch that I was missing data back at the end of December when I was doing the processing. Only just now when I thought I would launch processing for December.

And can I quietly fix my mistake and still start Dec processing over the weekend. Oh heck no. The software 'guru' dinked around sometime and broke things on the post processing batch CPU. So time to see if I broke the ground based stuff. I hope not, I want to go home soon.

No comments: