Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Made it through hump day ...

Or pretty much. I'll head home within 15 minutes. I survived my talk today. 6 whole slides included cover. But it was good to shake up my routine a bit. Tomorrow I think I will hay the horses and then slowly enjoy a mug of coffee while web surfing. Tuesday I had a health fair blood sample taken, so had to skip breakfast and just stuck to tea for morning beverage. I like cream in my coffee. Even just tea on an empty stomach had me feeling like I was ready to retch driving in, as well as feeling light-headed. Then I ate too much at lunch because I was still hungry even after having a bagel at 10:15 for my late breakfast.

Today I had to leave by 7:30 am. Yeah eye roll, I know that is not early by general standards but I like to leave around 10:30-11:30 am and work through the evening, anti-social hermit that I am. I set my alarm and got up before 5:30 so I had time for coffee, waiting for it to get light out before I fed the horses their hay. I was even browsing the net with my coffee but its nicer when there is morning news to read instead of catching bits missed the day before.

I probably won't get on a horse until sunday, unless it feels really nice tomorrow or friday. Saturday is the regional endurance convention. I hope I feel more in the groove than I have the last 2 years. They have good speakers and maybe I'll connect with some folks to plan some spring 'riding dates' Meeting and riding with someone away from home usually gets me motivated to get more serious with riding and Shade enjoys it too.

No comments: