Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I survived monday ...

But it took lots of coffee, decongestant, aleve@tm, and tylenol@tm to drive off the headache I woke with. We attempted to revert back to a RAID and server that failed last summer yesterday. I was at work 11 hours and then worked at it at home for another hour, didn't hit the sheets till nearly 1AM --hey don't laugh I am over the hill and don't stay up that late. Then when I checked it before feeding the horses this morning it had gone down around 6 am. Thankfully the sys admin was able to switch it back to the 'temporary' raid we've been using since august and all I had to do was revert back to my cron job from early yesterday when it had still been the primary server to put things to right today. But I'm coasting for a bit before tackling some plots I need to make for a talk next week.
I rode Razz and Shade on the weekend, both rides just in the paddock. Dad took the dogs for a run on saturday and I took them with car/walking on sunday. Shade's walk is getting better and she is doing a rounded trot pretty readily. I felt closer to being able to get some lower leg contact at the trot, I'm experimenting, seems like if I let my leg go a bit forward to her girth groove I can use it better at the trot. My guru gave me a link of her trotting and I noticed her lower leg was a bit more forward so I decided if I need to have a bit forward leg to be effective that is better than having my heel aligned with my hip but the leg is flopping.

No comments: