Sunday, November 29, 2009

pumpkin custard with frog eye pasta

See there should be a rule that the frog eye pasta box cant look so much like the tapioca box. Well I probably didn't need to worry about adding anything but the frozen and thawed pumpkin seemed runny and I'm way too lazy of a cook to strain it, plus thought it might dilute the taste. So I poured a little bit in my hand, dumped in the pumpkin and only then went "huh that doesn't look like tapioca"

I can report that the taste is fine and it didn't turn it into a tooth hazard. However it does have the odd chewy teeny piece of pasta amongst the custard. Oops. Can't be a picky eater when your cooking is as sloppy as mine is.

It was Nice weather again today. I was feeling sluggish, may need to have another round of zinc. I only filled my little cart twice on my pen cleaning project. The spot that was grossing me out could still stand some work but its mostly done. Should get the sheds scooped out next weekend if I can stay healthy and the tractor starts up for me. I rode RazzMo today. Shade came up to see me when I walked in to the pen, but she was not really wanting to go again- I was planning to ride Grey but he walked off and Razz is always 'take me, take me', course I never ride him very long so he thinks a little extra food + the attention is great. So I rode every day of my 4 day weekend, I was really blessed with good weather coinciding with work holiday and no family commitments this year.

No comments: