Tuesday, December 1, 2009

is it friday yet?

Dang I hope I didn't leave it too late to start another round of zinc. I am feeling droopy already and should work at least another 2 hours, but thankfully I have pto and its flexible here so I can decide to chuck it if I feel like pushing will be counterproductive for the whole work week.

I think it will be ok, yesterday my nose and eyes were itching a bit and today its just my eyes. I bought zicam meltaways yesterday. Target didn't have the strawberry cream flavor I like in the cold-eeze brand. Now I may switch to zicam. I'm not into paying the extra for the highly advertised brands but the citrus meltaways do seem to have less zinc taste to them. Hopefully I wont need to buy anymore zinc this winter though. I have stocked up a fair bit I think. Geez how boring, prattling on like a hypochondriac. I must look up an address and send a friend a letter. I have gotten some small little things done so at least I don't feel like a total slug.

Climategate story continues to grow in the blogosphere. all U.S. TV news but FOX continue to ignore or excuse the shoddy data handling and tribalism at the CRU. Maybe more folks will come to understand how slanted the coverage is if the story keeps growing while those big media groups ignore it. I think that may be the biggest thing needed for my country to recover from its current mess. I realized it last year and it was unsettling but we need to be a much more skeptical people. Folks will have to live with that unsettled 'who/what can I trust' feeling for a bit and learn to demand sources and references and trust THEMSELVES to decide what is and isn't a real story.

No comments: