Thursday, December 3, 2009

December is starting cold

And I am loving it. Not because I like cold weather, I prefer just enough to kill off most of the flies; but because it will tilt public perceptions more against man-made global warming. Please let enough of our population be going brrrr to rise up against the stupid cap and tax bill. AGW proponents like James Hansen hate it because it has scads of exemptions and wont do anything to reduce U.S. CO2 emissions for several years anyway and I and other conservative minded folks hate it because it adds yet another layer of choking red tape.

The public should be even more hostile to talk of choking our industry while agreeing to trillions for 'poor' countries -which was the expected Copenhagen agenda but with luck that will fall apart at Copenhagen and it wont even come to our senate having to reject any treaty.
Give me a break, most of these poor countries are loaded with rare minerals and other valuable natural resources. They are poor because they have had backwards governments, either in form of colonial rule, dictators out only for personal power, or communist governments that continued the colonial "just leave the thinking to us" mindsets.

I had a thought to keep my tank heaters from running so much with the 35F on 37F off outlet regulator. Going to see if I can set it up with a teeny light bulb and a bucket or coffee can covering the works --because what I'd like is a regulator that doesn't come on till its a few degrees below freezing and then goes off as soon as it hits 32, or even cycles some when it is below freezing as a lot of the heater wattage is going to producing steam rather than keeping the tanks drinkable.

No comments: